Sunday 6 January 2008

Beef and cashew stir fry

I knew this was a hit when my husband announced "If I got that in a restaurant I'd be happy" which from him is praise indeed.

This is a recipe from Good Food mag that I've adapted - as is my thing ! It's fairly diet friendly but helped by me cutting the amount of oil suggested. I think  also next time I make it I might add in some fresh red chilli to give it a bit of a kick.

STIR FRY BEEF WITH CASHEW NUTS
Serves 2



3 tbsp sherry
2tbsp soy sauce
1tsp sugar
1 tbsp flavourless oil (groundnut or sunflower)
1 red onion thinly sliced
300g beef steak - I used rump steak - thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
50g roasted cashew nuts
200g broccoli florets
Rice or noodles to serve

Mix the first 3 ingredients and set aside
Heat 1/2 the oil in a wok and briefly stir fry the beef, onion and garlic
Remove to a plate
Add the remaining oil and heat before adding the broccoli. Stir fry for 1 minute
Add the sherry and soy sauce mixture, cover the pan and leave to bubble for approx 5 mins or until the broccoli is tender
Put the beef and onion back in the pan and heat through and finally add the cashews to keep their crunch
Serve with rice or noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment