Sunday 18 November 2007

Pot roast chicken

Another long gap from me. I've been rushed off my feet with the new baby and dealing with the 4 year old - they are certainly keeping me on my toes and out of the kitchen ! We've been living mainly off quick and easy meals that don't take alot of time to prepare and old faves such as spag bol and casseroles etc which I can do with my eyes closed.

Today I made this recipe which was a new one for me. Roast chicken must be my favourite food of all time but I've never done it this way before. The result was a lovely moist juicy chicken which tasted amazing. There are loads of leftovers too which I'm going to fashion into a pasta dish tomorrow.

POT ROASTED CHICKEN
serves 3 plus leftovers for the same again

2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
10g rosemary
6 garlic cloves peeled and 1/4ed
300ml white wine
1.5kg chicken - ideally free range or organic
knob butter

In a large casserole dish mix the jelly, rosemary, garlic and wine and mix together
Put the chicken on top, put the lid on and roast for 1hr
After 1hr remove the lid and rub the breast with butter
Put back in the oven for the remainder of the cooking time according to weight of chicken

Simple and tasty. I served this with new potatoes, carrots and brussels plus the strained gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment