Wednesday 6 April 2011

Lemon drizzle muffins

So, after the last post and the query over the one handed baking I gave it a go. The result ? Well see below.

I chose this recipe because I knew it was easy and is an "all in one" method. Normally I make this as one big cake but I was short on time so it went easily into 12 muffins instead.

LEMON DRIZZLE MUFFINS
makes 12


4oz soft butter
6oz golden caster sugar
6oz self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
3-4 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
finely grated zest of 1 lemon (unwaxed preferably)

For the drizzle:
juice of lemon
3oz caster sugar

Put cases into a 12 cup muffin can and preheat the oven to 180C

Put the ingredients for the cake in a large bowl and mix for 2 minutes - I'd suggest using a mixer !
Divide equally between the cases and bake for about 20-25 mins
Remove to a wire rack and using a skewer poke some small holes in the tops of the cakes
Spoon over the drizzle and leave to cool


No comments:

Post a Comment