Friday 29 April 2011

Chocolate tiffin

aka chocolate refridgerator cake, chocolate cement call it what you will but it is a memory that most of us will have from our childhood. Infact Prince William (keeping it topical, see what I did there ?!) has requested a chocolate fridge cake at his wedding reception.

Normally I have a wedge of this at Costa with my latte at about 10000 calories a slice but dammit it's good. As I am trying to use up the Easter Egg mountain my children seem to have amassed I thought I'd try making it at home. I've already made a batch of chocolate crispy cakes and we still have 3 eggs to use up. That's before we've started on the other 4 eggs that are still in their boxes.

So, a rather make it up as you go along recipe here but it tastes good and cut into 16 squares only works out as 5 weightwatchers pps, happy days.

CHOCOLATE TIFFIN
makes 16 squares



225g digestive biscuits
110g butter
50g raisins
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1tbsp each of drinking chocolate and cocoa - if you prefer dark choc use two of cocoa
150g milk chocolate

Crush the biscuits in a bowl to smallish pieces
Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan and then add the raisins and cocoa and bubble for a few minutes
Mix with the crushed biscuits and stir to combine
Press into an 8 inch square tin and press down
Melt the chocolate and smooth over the top. This makes a thin layer but just use more chocolate if you want a thicker layer
Leave to set for a couple of hours in the fridge, cut into squares and try not to eat all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment