Thursday 16 September 2010

30 days / 30 things Day 15

GAH ! I'd just caught up and then I forget to post yesterday, I truely am rubbish with this......

Day 15 is a dream meal. There are just so many possibilities for this that I could write for days. Currently I think my dream meal would be one I didn't cook, see I'm easily pleased really. But no, I will go further than just a meal that someone else cooks and washes up from.

I was thinking about this this morning while on the cross-trainer at the gym, I'm sure there is something very wrong with that but hey ho it got me through. It's not just about the food, it's about the location and the company too. There are just so many options it made my head spin ! Do I go for a Michelin starred restaurant or do I go for the beach bar serving amazing seafood ? Town or country, hotel or at home ? Friends, family or both ?? In the end I decided on something really simple and surprised myself. There were two options but I will save the other option for another post.

My dream meal would be at my house with my closest friends and their kids, my husband and our kids and a gorgeously informal meal with everyone pitching in to help and plenty of good wine. Food wise I think it'd be something simple but really well cooked like a big pot of chilli that everyone can just dive into and help themselves. I'd serve it with a choice of jacket potatoes or rice with all the accompanying bits and pieces like tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa, sour cream and cheese. For pudding I'd serve something gorgeously gooey and chocolatey that everyone would love.

These chocolate brownies are the best I've ever tasted and I cook them time and time again. Either serve just as they are or with really good quality vanilla ice cream, raspberries and raspberry coulis to really posh them up.

CHOCOLATE BROWNIES (from Fiona with thanks xx)
makes a pan full !




100g butter
50g cocoa powder
2 eggs
225g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g self-raising flour
50g chocolate cut into small chunks or 2 mars bars cut up

Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a baking tin (8 in square by 1.5in deep)
Melt the butter and sift in the cocoa powder, making sure there are no lumps
Beat the eggs and then stir in the sugar and vanilla
Add to the butter and cocoa mixture
Sift in the flour and then finally stir through the chocolate
Pour into the baking tin and bake for about 20-25 mins
Turn down the oven by about 20 degrees and bake for another 10 mins
Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 mins before cutting up

These should be lovely and gooey in the middle, just try not to eat them all at once

No comments:

Post a Comment