Monday 13 September 2010

30 days / 30 things Day 12

My favourite kitchenware shop, hmmmm, now I'll have to think !

The obvious choice for this would be Lakeland or maybe John Lewis kitchen department. Convenient, accessible and always has what you are after - well nearly always anyway.

But no, my heart belongs elsewhere, somewhere entirely more local. A place that has been around for as long as I can remember but only in the new location for a relatively short period of time although I cannot for the life of me find a picture on the net ! So where is this place ? Anyone living in Norwich will (by now I hope) know where I mean !


Loose's Cookshop (courtesy of those lovely people at Loose's)

Good old Loose's ! I love this shop so much and could quite happily spend ages just poking around and looking at all the gorgeous things they have in there. 




The cake craft section upstairs is lovely with some fantastic cake tins and cake stands, although could do with a larger selection of icing nozzles !! They have everything you could want from a cookshop from all the little gadgets you think will be indispensable and convert you to a domestic goddess to some of the most covetable coffee machines I've ever seen ! There are beautiful crockery selections and some cracking chalkboards one of which will be gracing my new kitchen wall - if we ever sell this house that is. The staff are always helpful and friendly too and very knowledgeable about the products they have and were great at advising me when I was stressing about making the fire engine cake. 

I'm sure I've forgotten something too, this shop is fantastic and the fact it has the lovely Cafe Morello just outside makes it damn near perfect !

No comments:

Post a Comment