Sunday 8 August 2010

Lemon muffins

Muffins, the bane of my life. I'm talking American cake-y muffins not English ones here - just to clear that up !

I love the big fluffy muffins rich with fruit and even more perfect with a little drizzle of icing too. But, can I perfect them at home ? Can I hell. I HATE having baking disasters and courtesy of an exceptionally rubbish recipe sourced from t'internet that is exactly what I had last weekend.

I really fancied a lemon and poppyseed muffin and below was the kind of thing I was hoping to achieve.



Let's just say that mine looked nothing like that and tasted even less like it. To be fair even my in-laws didn't really go for them.

So, I'm now on the hunt for the perfect muffin recipe. The Husband and the Kids are just pleased that they're getting to try all the rejects !

No comments:

Post a Comment