Tuesday 4 May 2010

Blueberry and apple loaf cake

Yesterday we had my Mum coming over for dinner, she was coming straight from work so I thought I'd be the dutiful daughter and make sure there was tea and cake waiting for her when she got here.

I love fruity cakes and this is one of those recipes which has been lurking in my "to bake" folder for ages. I think it's originally a Good Food recipe but I can't really be sure. Anyway it's a lovely cake and went down a storm - with everyone apart from son no 1 who doesn't like blueberries apparently although he liked them last month !

It is a rather unusual cake mix though as it comes out of the processor almost dough like and needs pressing into the tin (use floured hands !) rather than pouring like a lot of cake mixes.





BLUEBERRY AND APPLE LOAF

225g self raising flour
pinch of salt
125g butter diced
2 eggs
75g golden caster sugar
2 eating apples, peeled and sliced
125g blueberries
2 tbsp apricot jam melted
Whizz the flour, salt and butter in a processor until crumbly
Then add the eggs and sugar and whizz again.
Grease a 900g loaf tin and put half the cake mix in then sprinkle over half the fruit.
Repeat with the other half of the mix and fruit.
Bake in a 180C oven for about 50 mins to an hour until done (I slightly over-did mine).
Melt the jam and brush over the cake when out of the tin.
Leave to cool before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment