Thursday 15 April 2010

Roasted veggie tarts

A pure coincidence that my next post on here is another veggie dish ! Our veggie week went very well in the end and we decided that we would try and eat veggie at least once a week.

At the moment I'm trying to clear out some of the things out of the bottom of my freezer and have been looking for inspiration for a pack of filo pastry for some time. I didn't really want to make apple strudel and I wasn't sure what else to do. Finding a few odd veggies in the fridge I came up with this dish.

ROASTED VEGETABLE TARTS
serves 4 ish

1 pack filo pastry
Melted butter for brushing
Veggies for roasting - I used courgette, peppers, cherry tomatoes and red onion
Olive oil
Fresh green pesto or sundried tomato paste would also be nice
Mozzarella

Cut the pastry into squares, brush with melted butter. Line a tin with the squares overlapping and bake according to instructions on the packet

Set aside to cool

Toss the veggies in the oil and roast until tender and golden. Remove from the oven and stir through the pesto and mozzarella

When ready to serve pile the vegetables into the cases and serve with salad and spiced couscous if wished.

No comments:

Post a Comment