Sunday 10 January 2010

Pancakes !

Son no 1 asked for pancakes for breakfast this morning. I assumed he meant the American style ones and I had visions of pancakes with bacon and maple syrup for breakfast - totally scrummy. Anyway, it turned out he wanted "pancake day pancakes" instead.

So, in the interests of educating my 6 year old Jamie Oliver style I asked :"What do we need to make pancakes then ?" The reply came back "Eggs, milk and pancake batter mix in a box". Given I've never used this is my life I have NO idea where that concept came from !

In the end we used the basic recipe below. Son no1 had his with Nutella, the Husband and I had lemon and sugar and son no2 threw his on the floor.

Pancakes for 4 : makes about 10

6oz plain flour
Pinch of salt
3 large eggs
1/2 pt milk
Butter, melted

Sift the flour into a large bowl and add salt
Add eggs and milk and whisk well together
Heat crepe pan and brush with melted butter
Add enough mix to coat base of pan and cook until bubbles form
Flip over and cook other side
Serve immediately with topping of choice !

Finally a quick word about Lakeland. Now I love this shop and is my first choice for kitchen gadgets. Last year I bought a crepe pan from there which brought about much rolling of eyes from the Husband. He has finally conceeded that it was a good buy - makes fab omelettes in there too !

No comments:

Post a Comment