Saturday 30 January 2010

The enemy of the foodie



Dieting. How I hate that word.

Low carb, no carb, food combining, VLCD, Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Atkins, The cabbage soup diet etc etc. Need I go on ? I'm sure we've all heard of most of the above even if we've not tried them ourselves.

I have a checkered dieting history. I've tried good old fashioned calorie control, Weight Watchers, Slimming world (I GAINED weight on that one) and low carb. I've lost weight, got pregnant and gained weight then lost weight again - God bless breastfeeding. I've exercised and I've not. All to the same end, I'm the same weight now that I was 10 years ago.

So, this all has to change. I've had a few health scares recently and it's made me realise that I need to change this.

Now it's low carb for me all the way. I tried Pig to Twig, a low carb diet (sorry, WOE) last year and lost a whopping 28lbs. I went down two dress sizes and even though I fell off the wagon, I've managed to keep most of that weight off. It may be perceived as unhealthy and all the other things, but I felt full of energy. My skin looked better than it has in a long time and I lost the bloated belly.

This weekend I'm eating my last carbs for a while and I've stacked my fridge full of yummy things - all strictly forbidden on weight watchers. I've planned some fantastic meals for this week too, more of that to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment