Tuesday 19 July 2011

Pikelets

I wanted to make pikelets as I'd just discovered a recipe on a forum I use. When I was a kid my Aunt who had lived in New Zealand, used to make these with me and we'd eat them warm from the griddle or cold with butter and jam for tea.


PIKELETS (with thanks to Jann !)
Make loads but be prepared for them all to be eaten on the same day !



2 cups of plain flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp cream of tartar
2 eggs
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp golden syrup

Mix all the ingredients apart from the butter and syrup in a large bowl
Melt the butter and syrup over a low heat and add to the other ingredients
Lightly butter a large frying pan or griddle
Cook the mixture in tablespoonfuls for a couple of minutes each side until brown
Serve warm or cold as they are or with butter and jam or even whipped cream !

No comments:

Post a Comment