Friday 27 July 2007

Quick and healthy chicken curry

My darling husband decided he fancied beer and curry for dinner tonight, well no beer for me - 27 weeks and still not fancying alcohol.

Normally on a Friday night I'd cheat and head off to Waitrose for a pack of pilau rice, lamb jalfrezi and a chicken tikka masala with naan bread ! Tonight I thought I'd be good and I had all the ingredients in the cupboard fridge and they needed using up as we have a weekend of eating out ! I'm sure this would work well with lamb too which I plan to try in the next few weeks - heartburn permitting of course.

QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN CURRY

serves 2

Olive oil for frying
1 large onion chopped
2 tablespoons of curry paste - I use tikka but it's up to you !
2 chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs chopped
4 tomatoes chopped
Splash of water
100g baby spinach
4T of either coconut milk or natural yoghurt
Handful of coriander chopped
Rice and or naan to serve

Heat the oil in a large pain and add the onion to soften
Then add the curry paste and cook for a couple of minutes
Brown the chicken and then add the tomatoes and water
Simmer for about 20 mins then add the spinach and wilt
If using the yoghurt take off the heat before stirring in else it will curdle !
Otherwise warm the coconut milk through and stir in the coriander

No comments:

Post a Comment