Tuesday 24 April 2007

Curried chicken and cashew rice

This is an old favourite ripped from a copy of Good Food a few years ago, before (in my opinion) it started getting very samey. I have done my usual thing of tinkering with it to get it to my tastes but I love this and it's really quick to make. It's also weight-watchers friendly !

CURRIED CHICKEN AND CASHEW RICE

Serves 2



1t olive oil
1 onion chopped roughly
1-2 T curry paste
140g uncooked rice cooked and cooled
1 large chicken breast cooked & shredded
Handful frozen peas
50g roasted cashews
Squeeze lemon juice

Add a splash of oil to a wok and fry the onion,
Add the curry paste and heat through
Stir in the rice, chicken, peas and cashews and stir fry until piping hot.
Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and season well.

No comments:

Post a Comment