Sunday 25 February 2007

Chorizo & bean hotpot

I am totally in love with the stuff at the moment. I bought some of Marks and Spencer's speciality chorizo in a horseshoe shape a few weeks ago and have been trying to think up new ways of using it. So far I've managed a pasta dish, with couscous and chickpeas, with cannellini beans and tomatoes and in a spanish style tortilla ! I also have plans for another pasta dish with broccoli, chilli oil and parmesan but my poor long suffering husband may need a few weeks off before I try that ! So, below is my most recent favourite, totally my own invention.

CHORIZO AND BEAN HOTPOT (serves 2)

A glug of olive oil
1 red onion cut into chunks
1-2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
60g chorizo cut into chunks
approx 6 plum tomatoes quartered
a squirt of tomato puree
seasoning - salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar
1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
handful of parsley chopped


Heat the olive oil and fry the onion, garlic and chilli
Add the chorizo and fry until the oil starts to run
Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes before adding the beans, seasoning, a pinch of sugar and some tomato puree
Cook until the tomatoes are soft and the hotpot is thickened
Stir through the parsley and serve with rice and or steamed broccoli



1 comment:

  1. That M+S chorizo is yummy! Have you tried jambalaya yet? Thoroughly recommend prawn and/or chicken. Liking the blog so far!

    Az

    ReplyDelete